Tuesday 29 May 2012

Josh Research

I've been mainly researching the technical game-building aspects of making the game. This meant teaching myself javascript and making a series of scripts that test what we need in the game.
This shows that we can physically make the game in all technical areas. We still have a few tests left to run, but what we're going to do, and have been advised to do, is to make a fully working prototype using blocks to play out and trigger events in the entirety of the game.
To learn javascript I used http://www.codecademy.com/ and a book from the library. I had to also use a LOT of reference from the unity manual (as certain functions worked differently in Unity than in websites).

I've also been looking at the importation of complete cutscenes into Unity - meaning I could animate the whole scene in Maya, and then export that whole cutscene. This should make character contact and interaction seamless and smooth.

Looking back on my research it's mainly pipeline research, which is where I'm always really interested in projects. I like finding ways of doing, and making things work efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment